- 250 g / 2 cups Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 10 ml / 2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda
- 10 ml Supreme Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 15 ml / 1 tablespoon Ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- 4 Eggs
- 1¼ cup Oil
- 1 cup Selati White sugar
- 1 cup Packed brown sugar
- 10 ml Vanilla essence
- 3 cups Grated carrots
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup Chopped pecans or walnuts
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 250 g Cream cheese, softened
- 115 g Butter, softened
- 2 cups Selati Icing sugar
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and lightly grease and flour two 22cm baking pans.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, Selati sugar, vanilla and eggs and blend well with a mixer.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the Supreme flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the sugar and egg mixture and mix well.
- Stir in grated carrots and add nuts and raisins. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
- Cool after taking out of oven.
For the icing:
- Blend together cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Gradually add the Selat icing sugar, then vanilla and beat for about a minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat again.
- Spread over the cooled cake.