- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Selati Sugar
- 2 cups Sultanas or mixed dried fruit
- 60 g Butter
- 3 cups Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon Mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Supreme Baking powder
- Gently heat water, Selati sugar, dried fruit and butter in a pot on the stove top until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes then stir in the Supreme flour, spices and Supreme baking powder.
- Pour into a large loaf pan which has been greased and floured or bottom lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in tin for 10 minutes, then tip out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Serve cut in slices and buttered.