Phumzile’s Pumpkin And Mayo Fritters
For the fritters:
- 2 cups (500ml) pumpkin, mashed
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Selati sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried Sage
- Large pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Nola Original Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup (165ml) Supreme flour
- 1 tbsp (15ml) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
For the cinnamon and sugar mix:
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Selati sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) cinnamon
- Whisk the pumpkin, Selati sugar, sage, cinnamon and Nola Original Mayonnaise together.
- Fold through the Supreme flour, baking powder and salt.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, spoon in large dollops of the batter and cook for a minute or two on each side or until golden brown.
- Mix the Selati sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the hot fritters.