- 370ml Selati Castor Snow
- 2 Eggs
- 350ml Milk
- 15ml Vinegar
- 30 ml Butter
- 30 ml Apricot Jam
- 500ml Supreme Flour
- 15ml Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 200ml Butter
- 380ml Selati Plantation Select
- 200ml Milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 120g Selati Castor Snow
- 15ml almond brandy or amoretto liqueur
- 500ml cream
- 2.5ml ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml ground nutmeg
- 100g Desiccated coconut
- 15ml Butter
- 30ml Selati Castor Snow
SPONGE AND SAUCE:
- Whisk eggs and Selati sugar together until fluffy.
- Heat the milk to melt the butter and jam.
- Add the vinegar.
- Sift the Supreme flour, bicarb and salt together.
- Alternatively, fold the liquids and the dries into the egg mixture.
- Half-fill 8 greased (sturdy) mugs with the mixture and bake at 170C until deep golden brown.
- Make the sauce by placing all the ingredients into a saucepan and bringing up to the boil.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Immediately the puddings are removed from the oven, pour the hot sauce over and allow to soak through.
‘MILK TART’ ICE-CREAM:
- Mix the chilled cream and spices together.
- Whip to firm peak.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks, castor sugar and almond brandy to the ribbon stage (thick and light) over a double-boiler.
- Fold in the cream and pour into a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Serve a scoop over the warm malva pudding
- Sprinkle the coconut over a baking tray and scatter the sugar and butter over.
- Bake at 150C until golden brown.
- Remove and cool.
- Serve sprinkled over the ice-cream