- 125 g Supreme Cake flour, plus extra to dust
- 50 g Butter, chopped, plus extra to grease
- ½ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons Ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Selati Castor sugar
- 75 g Golden syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease two baking trays. Sift the Supreme flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger, and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Mix in Selati castor sugar and set aside.
- Put butter in a small pot and measure in the syrup. Heat gently until the butter has melted. Pour liquid into flour bowl; stir well.
- Divide dough into 14 equal pieces and roll each into a ball. Space them apart on the greased trays and flatten them a little.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.