Coconut Banana Bread With Lime Drizzle
Serves: 1 Loaf
- 250g / 2 cups Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- ¾ teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 200 g / 1 cup Selati Castor sugar
- 55 g Butter, softened
- 2 Large eggs
- 1½ cups Mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup Plain low-fat yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons Dark rum
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Desiccated coconut + extra for sprinkling
- 1 cup Selati Icing sugar
- 30 ml Fresh lime or lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Combine Supreme flour, bicarb and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place Selati castor sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixture at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add banana, yoghurt, rum and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Add Supreme flour mixture and beat at low speed just until moist.
- Stir in ½ cup coconut. Spoon batter into a 23 x 5 cm loaf pan coated with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in a pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan.
- Combine Selati icing sugar and juice, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely on wire rack.