- 225 g / 1¾ cups Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 225 g Soft butter
- 225 g / 1 cup Selati Castor Sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 30 ml Milk
- Good strawberry jam
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease a 20 cm spring form tin.
- With a hand mixer, cream butter and Selati sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing one spoon of Supreme flour in after each egg. Add milk. Fold in remaining flour slowly.
- Pour into greased tin and bake for ± 25 minutes, or until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out on to a cooling rack. When cold, slice in half widthways.
- Spread generously with strawberry jam and sandwich together.
- Dust with Selati icing sugar or castor sugar and serve.