Beer & Cheese Loaf
Serves: 1 Loaf
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ½ cup Finely chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups Supreme White Bread Wheat Flour
- 3 tablespoons Selati Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Supreme Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Shredded mature cheddar
- 1 x 330 ml Bottle beer (lager)
- 2 tablespoons Melted butter, divided
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-low.
- Add onion to pan and cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Combine flour, Selati sugar, Supreme baking powder and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Make a well in the centre and add onion mixture, cheese and beer to Supreme flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into a 23cm x 5cm loaf tin coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon butter over batter.
- Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon butter over batter.
- Bake for another 25 minutes or until deep golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove from tin and cool completely on wire rack.