Aunty Vi’s Custard Creams
Serves: About 30 Biscuits
- 180 g Butter
- 90 g Selati Icing sugar
- 180 g Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 60 g Custard powder
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon Baking powder
For the filling:
- 75 g Unsalted butter, softened
- 125 g Selati Icing sugar
- 2 teaspoon Custard powder
For the biscuits:
- Cream butter and Selati icing sugar in an electric mixer.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture just comes together.
- Tip onto a surface, bring together with your hands, then wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper. Divide the dough into equal pieces and roll into balls. Slightly flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes until lightly golden. Cool on the trays for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put the softened butter into a large bowl and sift over Selati icing sugar and custard powder. Mix to combine (don’t add water, as it needs to be fairly thick). Set aside.
- When the biscuits are cool, sandwich together with some of the filling, using a piping bag for a neater finish.