Cooking time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 50 depending on thickness
- 500 ml / 290 g Supreme White Bread Wheat Flour
- 250 ml / 125 g Selati Castor sugar
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- Grated rind of 2 lemons or oranges
- 100 g Roasted hazelnuts
- Sift bread flour, Selati sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix eggs, vanilla and rind together. Pour onto the first mix and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Add the nuts.
- When you have a soft yet manageable dough, divide into two and roll into log shapes.
- Place onto a buttered, floured oven tray spaced apart, as they expand quite a lot.
- Bake at 180°C until firm and lightly golden. Remove and cool a little.
- Slice thinly and place onto a greased oven tray and bake further at 100°C or until crisp.