For the potato cakes:
- 600g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp Nola Original Mayonnaise
- 100g cheddar, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp flour (and extra for the surface)
- Oil for frying
For the topping:
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Coriander, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bacon, fried until crispy
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water until tender.
- Drain in a colander removing excess water.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl and mash them until there are no lumps.
- Then stir in the egg, Nola Original Mayonnaise, cheese, onions and parsley, season with salt and pepper and mix in thoroughly.
- Roll into medium sized balls.
- Using the palm of your hands, lightly flatten the balls into cakes, on a floured surface.
- Tip the flour onto a plate and lightly coat the cakes with it.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the cakes for 5 minutes on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve topped with avocado and crispy bacon (optional).