Precious’ Chocolate Cake
- 630ml (335g) Supreme cake flour
- 110ml (40g) cocoa powder
- 380ml (320g) Selati castor sugar
- 5ml salt
- 8ml bicarbonate of soda
- 300ml Nola Original Mayonnaise
- 400ml water
- 5ml vanilla essence
- 250ml cream
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- Chocolate shavings for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a 23cm round baking tin with wax paper.
- Sift together the Supreme flour, cocoa powder, Selati castor sugar, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- Give it a good mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, water and vanilla essence.
- Add the liquid to the sifted ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared baking tin.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cover in tinfoil and leave to cool in the tin (overnight in the fridge is best).
- To prepare the ganache, bring the cream to the boil and add the chopped chocolate.
- Stir until smooth and leave to cool.
- Pour over the cake. It’s easiest to do this by placing the cake on a wire rack, so the excess can drip off.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate shavings and enjoy.