For the pudding:
- 2 tbsp (30ml) soft butter
- 3 tbsp (45ml) Nola Original Mayonnaise
- 1 cup (125ml) Selati sugar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) smooth apricot jam
- 1 cup (125ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5ml) vinegar
- 1 cup (250ml) Supreme flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp (5ml) baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the sauce:
- 125g of butter
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Selati sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- Cream the butter, Nola Original Mayonnaise and Selati sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the apricot jam, milk and vinegar, and mix in.
- Sift in the Supreme flour, bicarb, baking powder and salt and mix well.
- Pour into a well-greased baking dish and cover tightly with greased foil.
- Bake for an hour at 180ºC.
- In the meantime, melt the butter, Selati sugar and water and stir well.
- Add in the cream and vanilla essence and bring to a simmer.
- Pour over the hot baked pudding as soon it comes out the oven.
Serving suggestion: serve with ice cream, cream or custard.