Crispy Sesame Seed Fish Strips With Creamy Peanut Butter Satay
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 800g Hake, cut into strips
- 250g (1 cup) Supreme Cake Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 200g Sesame Seeds
- 500ml (2 cups) Nola Cooking Oil
- 40ml Nola Cooking Oil
- 1 Small Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2,5ml Crushed Garlic
- 2,5ml Ground Ginger
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Yum Yum Ultra Creamy Peanut Butter
- 250ml (1 cup) Fresh Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Add salt and pepper to hake strips.
- Roll the strips in the Supreme cake flour and then in the egg.
- Finish the strips off in the sesame seeds (make sure that the strips are completely covered).
- Heat the Nola cooking oil in a medium casserole and add the strips one by one into the oil.
- Fry the strips until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Scoop them out and place onto paper towels to drain the excess oil.
The Strips can be served hot or cold
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan.
- Fry the onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Stir in the peanut butter and cream and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the dip into a deep bowl and chill for 20 minutes.
- Serve with fish strips and fresh Greek salad on the side.