- 200 g SUPREME Cake Wheat Flour, plus extra to dust
- 100 g Castor sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g Unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 Medium egg
- 5 ml/1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg white
- 500 g Icing sugar
- Food colouring
- Decorations of choice
- Put the flour, salt, castor sugar, butter, egg and vanilla into a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture comes together (if you don’t have a processor, rub butter into dry ingredients until it
- resembles fine breadcrumbs, then stir in the egg and vanilla using a blunt-ended cutlery knife).
- Tip onto a work surface and bring dough together into a disc, then wrap in cling film and chill for 30
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly flour a work surface, then roll out the dough until 5 mm thick. The thickness will determine how
- many cookies you will get from the dough.
- Stamp out preferred shape, rerolling trimmings as needed.
- Put on a greased baking tray and bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place egg white in a large bowl, slowly sieve icing sugar into the bowl, beating well in between.
- Whip until icing is thick and creamy. When it is ready it will be glossy and white.
- Add preferred food colouring and decorate to suit.
- You might need to slightly adjust the consistency of the icing with water as you go. Allow to set before