Three Cheese Scones
Serves: 8 Scones
- 250 g / 2 cups Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoon Supreme Baking powder
- ¾ cup Milk
- 90 ml Cream
- ½ cup Grated parmesan
- ½ cup Grated mature cheddar
- ½ cup Grated gouda
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 30 ml Chopped parsley
- 5 ml / 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix cheeses, onion and parsley together.
- Sift in Supreme flour, baking powder and mix in cream and milk.
- With a spatula, roughly combine ingredients until they are just combined.
- Turn out mixture onto a lightly floured board.
- Knead mixture minimally to a thickness of ± 3cm.
- Flour the rim of a glass and cut out scones from the dough, or shape into a large round scone and score in wedges before baking.
- Place on a greased or lined baking tray.
- Brush with a little milk or cream.
- Top with some grated parmesan (optional).
- Bake for 25 – 35 minutes depending on the size of your scones.
- Cool for 5 minutes before eating.