- 1 kg Supreme White Bread Wheat Flour
- 10 g / 1 sachet Instant dried yeast
- 25 g Selati Sugar
- 10 ml / 2 teaspoons Salt
- 375 ml Water
- 375 ml Milk
- 50 g Butter
- Mix the Supreme flour, yeast, Selati sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Heat water, milk and butter until warm and add to the dry ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix contents of the bowl together, then knead until smooth and elastic.
- Add more flour if needed.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, covered loosely with lightly oiled clingwrap then a damp cloth.
- Let it stand in a warm spot where it can rise to double its volume, then knead it back down.
- On a floured board, divide the mixture into 8 – 10 balls, flatten them down, sprinkle with a little flour and leave to rise again until about double.
- Braai the dough over gentle coals, turning regularly until cooked and golden brown on both sides.