Nosi’s Fish Cakes With Zesty Mayo
For the fishcakes:
- 500g potatoes, cut and peeled
- 2 cans (170g) tinned sardines in sauce, drained well
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Nola Original Mayonnaise for brushing
For the Zesty Mayonnaise:
- 1/2 cup Nola Original Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Cover the potatoes in cold salted water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until tender.
- Drain and cool for 10 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes with the fish, egg, spring onions, parsley and lemon zest.
- Form into 8 fish cakes on a floured surface and dust well with flour.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Brush with Nola Original Mayonnaise and sauté in a non-stick pan until hot and crispy.
- Serve with the zesty Nola Original Mayonnaise, Nola Mayo Mash and a fresh green salad.