- 1 cup Maize meal
- 10ml / 2 teaspoons Supreme Baking powder
- 1 cup Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper or paprika
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Amasi or buttermilk
- 3 Large eggs, beaten
- 60 ml Sunflower oil
- 410g Tin cream-style corn
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease 3 x 410 g tins very well.
- Place dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients and mix into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for a few minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack while still warm.
- Use oven mitts and give the tins a light tap on the bottom to loosen the bread.