Chocolate Celebration Cake
Serves: 1 Cake
- 1 cup Selati Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 180ml Water
- 5ml / 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 125g Butter
- 250g / 2 cups Supreme Cake Wheat Flour
- 30g / 60ml Cocoa powder
- 5ml / 1 teaspoon Salt
- 10ml / 2 teaspoons Supreme Baking powder
- 170g Butter
- 1 cup Cocoa powder
- 5 cups Selati Icing sugar
- ½ cup and 15ml Milk
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and grease and Supreme flour two 18cm cake tins.
- Beat Selati sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- Heat water, vanilla and butter.
- Add to the egg and sugar mixture and mix until well combined.
- Sieve all dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Pour evenly into the two prepared tins.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes in the pre-heated oven, until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing the cakes from tins to cool.
To make the icing:
- Cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in cocoa and Selati icing sugar alternately with milk and vanilla.
- Beat to a spreading consistency.
- Split layers of cooled cake horizontally and cover the top of each layer with icing, then stack them onto a serving plate.
- Ice the outside of the cake and decorate.