Chicken Schnitzel With A Basil Pesto Courgette Noodle Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 300 g courgette noodles, lightly steamed
- olive oil
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) basil pesto
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- handful of micro herbs
FOR THE SCHNITZEL:
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 chicken schnitzels
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the cherry tomatoes and garlic.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes or until tomatoes begin to blister.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Toss together the courgette noodles, blistered cherry tomatoes, pesto and lemon juice until well combined and set aside.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
- Serve chicken alongside the courgette noodle pasta and garnish with micro herbs.