Chicken Schnitzel Tacos With Guacamole, Salsa & Sour Cream Drizzle
FOR THE SALSA:
- handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- small handful of coriander,
- roughly chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 baby gem lettuce, shredded, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) guacamole, to serve
- sour cream, to serve (optional)
- lime wedges, for serving
FOR THE CHICKEN SCHNITZELS:
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 chicken schnitzels
- FOR TORTILLA WRAPS:
- 4 tortilla wraps, lightly toasted
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry chicken schnitzels for about 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
- Remove from pan and drain on absorbent paper. Season lightly with salt and pepper, slice into strips and set aside.
TO MAKE THE SALSA:
- Place the cherry tomatoes, chopped onion, coriander, chilli, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
TO ASSEMBLE THE TACOS:
- Smear a little guacamole onto each tortilla, followed by some shredded lettuce, chicken schnitzel strips, salsa and a drizzle of sour cream.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and extra lime wedges and serve immediately.