Chicken Curry With Red Chilli
- 700g Rainbow Chicken’s drumsticks and thighs (star pack)
- 300g potato, diced
- 150g onion, diced
- 80 ml sesame or peanut oil
- 2-3 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 tbs ginger, crushed
- 1tbs fish sauce
- 60 ml lime juice
- 50 ml tomato puree
- 2 tbs red masala, medium
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 300 ml chicken stock
- ½ cup coriander, chopped
- 4-6 curry leaves
- Place chilli, cumin, ginger, fish sauce, lime and masala into a dish.
- Coat and massage the Rainbow chicken pieces in the mix and stand for 30 minutes.
- Peel and dice onions and potatoes.
- Heat sesame oil and lightly sweat the onions – remove from the pan.
- Add the marinated chicken to the hot oil and brown evenly.
- Add chicken stock, tomato puree, potatoes, onions and coconut cream to the pan.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 40 minutes.
- Add coriander and curry leaves just before serving.
The chicken can be marinated and infused for up 2 hours before cooking.
Serve with basmati or jasmine rice, or toasted naan or flatbread.